Ozone therapy is a new method of non-medications treatment that uses a mixture of oxygen-ozone. By its means the modern ozone therapy can reduce the consumption of medications and consecutively the reactions caused by them.
The therapy is based on the main properties of ozone:
- antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral;
- anti-inflammatory and immunomodulation;
- systemic regulation of homeostasis in the body;
- Antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral effect is due to both the direct action of ozone and its ability to form with unsaturated fatty acids very active peroxides compounds which act destructively on microorganisms;
- Restoring the function of oxygen transport in the blood. Administrating the mixture of oxygen and ozone increases the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Anti-inflammatory action: ozone leads to oxidation of prostaglandins – mediators of metabolic processes – fact that leads to the improvement of metabolic processes and reduces inflammation.
- Antioxidant and detoxifying action.
How is ozone therapy administrated?
The device changes the air and intracellular oxygen into ozone, killing the bacteria, viruses, fungi up to a depth of 5mm in soft tissue and 1-2 mm in hard tissue.
The ozone treatment is painless, it does not require an anesthesia, it lasts up to 15 minutes (depending on condition) and the effects are visible from the first session.
Ozone administration is performed through a glass loop (various sizes) that is connected to the ozone generator. This loop is placed in contact with the infected / inflamed areas and produces a gentle massage in circular direction.
Ozone therapy indications:
- periodontal pockets;
- before and after oral-surgical interventions;
- in the treatment of necrotizing gingivitis;
- Disinfection of dental caries;
- disinfection of root canals;
- oral candidiasis;
- Oral thrush;
- dental extractions;
- treatment for bleeding;
- disinfection of the surgical field;